Webinar: Five Action Steps to a Better, More Positive Work Culture
Presenter: Catherine Mattice Zundel
Date Recorded: 9 January 2020
Happy and engaged employees are committed to and passionate about the work they do, resulting in better performance and lower turnover. Yet many companies fail to realize a positive healthy workplace culture. Why? Because it seems elusive, hard to measure, and hard to prove ROI. It’s also hard to address a negative culture where incivility or bullying may thrive because your organization may not have guidelines for addressing these behaviors and managers probably aren’t trained to step in.
This presentation changes all that. Attend and learn the real, tangible, and actionable steps to building a better workplace culture, using Civility Partners’ proven method for positive culture change.
At the end of this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Confidently discuss the similarities and differences in bullying and harassment, and bullying and workplace violence
- Understand negative behaviors as a social phenomenon that includes peers, leaders, and the organization’s culture
- Conduct a simple survey to determine the climate, and use the results to make a business case and create an action plan for a positive workplace culture
- Implement a healthy workplace policy that has buy-in from employees
- Use company core values to drive and measure behavior
- Create a better, more powerful harassment prevention training program
- Use the three steps of intervention to help abrasive leaders change their ways
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
The founder of Civility Partners, Catherine Mattice Zundel, MA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, is a Strategic HR Consultant who assists organizations in building positive cultures through HR practices. Catherine is a widely recognized thought-leader in HR, and she is passionate about employers’ responsibility to create the opportunity and environment for employees to thrive — it shows in her sheer number of conferences and publications. She has appeared on/in NPR, CNN, USA Today, Time.com and more as an expert, she has published articles in a wide variety of venues and was a regular contributor to Forbes.com. Catherine’s award-winning first book, BACK OFF! Your Kick-Ass Guide to Ending Bullying at Work, was hailed by international leadership-guru, Ken Blanchard, as, “The most comprehensive and valuable handbook on the topic.” She’s since written two more books and is a LinkedIn Learning course author.
Earn PDH Credits
If you have participated in an IEEE-USA Webinar, you can earn professional development hours (PDHs) from IEEE's Educational Activities Department by clicking here to request a certificate.*
*Please allow 7-10 days to receive a certificate.