Webinar: Using DISC to Increase Civility, Engagement & Personal Leadership
Presenter: Catherine Mattice Zundel
Date: 21 April 2020
Time: 1:00-2:00 PM ET
The DISC (Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Conscientiousness) assessment is a non-judgmental tool used for discussion of people's behavioral differences. If you participate in a DISC program, you'll be asked to complete a series of questions that produce a detailed report about your personality and behavior. Even if you haven’t taken this DISC Assessment before, you’ll gain some great tools for improving your communication with others by attending this webinar.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, attendees will have:
- Identified how to mitigate conflict by increasing their understanding of how to respond to the differences in various DISC communication styles.
- Explored DISC styles that naturally require more intention to generate effective communication as well as how to respond appropriately in both written and verbal forms.
- Examined how to use DISC to generate employee engagement and personally tailor recognition for the various DISC styles.
- Gained insight into the benefits of teams that contain a mixture of DISC styles.
- Enhanced their personal leadership by identifying help areas to stretch within their own DISC communication style. The benefits of this include but are not limited to fostering the fortitude required to speak up in times of aversion or injustice.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
The founder of Civility Partners, Catherine Mattice Zundel, MA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, is a Strategic HR Consultant who assists organizations in building positive cultures through HR practices. Catherine is a widely recognized thought-leader in HR, and she is passionate about employers’ responsibility to create the opportunity and environment for employees to thrive — it shows in her sheer number of conferences and publications. She has appeared on/in NPR, CNN, USA Today, Time.com and more as an expert, she has published articles in a wide variety of venues and was a regular contributor to Forbes.com. Catherine’s award-winning first book, BACK OFF! Your Kick-Ass Guide to Ending Bullying at Work, was hailed by international leadership-guru, Ken Blanchard, as, “The most comprehensive and valuable handbook on the topic.” She’s since written two more books and is a LinkedIn Learning course author.
Earn PDH Credits
If you have participated in an IEEE-USA Webinar, you can earn professional development hours (PDHs) from IEEE's Educational Activities Department by clicking here to request a certificate.*
*Please allow 7-10 days to receive a certificate.