About this Award
To recognize collaborative activities between K-12 educators and technical professionals who are IEEE members.
- Honor pairs of K-12 educators and engineers that, through their joint collaboration, provide learning experiences to precollege students.
- Honor the educator-engineer collaborative partnership for successfully providing a specific project or program to the students that supports the education and curriculum requirements of the institution.
- Honor the educator-engineer partnership for successfully providing a specific project or program to the students that promotes and increases the math, science and engineering awareness by each student participant.
- Honor the educator-engineer partnership for successfully implementing a project or program that supports the educational goals of the IEEE and IEEE-USA.
Form of Recognition
The award winner(s) will receive a plaque providing the citation for the award. IEEE-USA will recognize the award winners during an award ceremony at a time and venue mutually agreed by the IEEE-USA and the recipients.
One team per year.
The nominations for educator-engineer partnerships are open to all public, private and parochial schools and IEEE members.
No current member of the IEEE Board of Directors, the IEEE-USA Board of Directors, the IEEE-USA Awards and Recognition Committee, or IEEE staff may be candidates, or nominate or endorse candidates for this award.
Following are the criteria against which candidates for the award should be measured. Nominees need not meet every criterion; the following are guidelines for comparison of the pool of nominees:
- Demonstrated partnership between the educator and engineer (required)
- The engineer must be an active member of IEEE-USA (required)
- Evaluation and feedback of project or program demonstrates results consistent with IEEE-USA precollege education goals (required)
- Demonstrated commitment from the school leadership supporting the project or program
- The project or program demonstrate vision and are linked to and integrated with the institution's overall educational or curriculum strategy
Application of educational methods and technology that affects the outcomes of the project or program (design and delivery, educational support, information systems, benchmarking, learning technology, etc)
- Demonstrated and measured performance indicators for the student and educational outcomes
- Defined contribution and support from the educational institution and the organization which the engineer represents
- Willingness to share programs with other educational institutions and professional societies
- The criteria is designed to provide a framework for continued collaborative relationships between the education and engineering communities.
The nominations for educator-engineer partnerships are open to all public, private and parochial schools and IEEE members. Nominations may be for a variety of projects or programs that promote academic success, support the goals of the IEEE and improve the general image of the engineer or engineering profession. Nominations may be submitted via the online nomination portal.
Basis for Judging
The IEEE-USA Precollege Education Committee will review all award nominations and provide a recommendation to the IEEE-USA Awards Committee of the final candidates. The decision of those two entities will be final, subject to the approval by the IEEE-USA Board of Directors.
IEEE-USA shall provide suitable funds for the award and the expense of judging and presentation. The IEEE-USA K-12 STEM Literary Committee will reimburse the travel expenses incurred by both recipients to attend the above mentioned award ceremony (Please contact IEEE-USA for details).
The deadline for 2018 Award nominations has been extended until 30 September.
Career, Member, and Professional Activities Manager
+1 202 530 8374