The IEEE-USA Licensure and Registration Committee's (LRC) primary focus is on matters involving licensing of Professional Engineers and the impact that professional licensure has on IEEE members. The LRC also is continuously evaluating credentialing and how it relates to current PE examinations and available IEEE Society sponsored exams.
The Committee monitors and recommends changes in state law and provides important input to the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) concerning P.E. exam questions and format. The committee also disseminates information to those engineers who are licensed and those who plan to become licensed.
Committee members serve on exam writing committees of the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES), committees of the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE), and various state licensing boards.
- The Use of the Title "Engineer" (Nov. 2019)
- Educational Requirements for Engineering Licensure (Nov. 2019)
- Continued Professional Competence of IEEE's U.S. Members (Nov. 2019)
- Engineering Licensure (October 2018)
- Licensure Exchange: An official NCEES publication for the exchange of information, opinions and ideas regarding the licensure of engineers and surveyors.
- The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying: Provides information on P.E. examination dates, study guide information for the F.E. and P.E. examinations.
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE): A professional engineering society that promotes engineering licensure and ethics, advocates and protects PEs' legal rights at the national and state levels.
- State Professional Engineering Societies: Contact information for NSPE's state societies. Provides information on the latest developments in engineering licensure at the state level.
- State licensing boards for engineers and surveyors in the U.S. and U.S. territories