The mission of IEEE-USA’s Government Fellows Committee is to develop and maintain an effective government fellowship program which enables IEEE’s U.S. members to provide their expertise and advice to the U.S. government, and to enable IEEE’s U.S. membership to gain knowledge about and experience with public policymaking on matters related to science and technology. The committee reports to the IEEE-USA Board of Directors through the IEEE-USA Vice President of Government Relations.
The IEEE-USA President appoints US-based IEEE members to serve individual three (3) year terms. Additionally, representatives of the US Department of State and the US Agency for International Development participate in the selection and interviews of the executive branch fellows.
Government Fellows Committee
- Dan Moore – Knoxville, TN (Chair)
- Emile Loza de Siles – Honolulu, HI
- Jonathan Rayner – Washington, DC
- Benjamin Schmitt – Philadelphia, PA
- Yan Zheng – Washington, DC
- David Goldston – Washington, DC (Congressional Fellowships Advisor)
- Jay Greenberg – Eddystone, PA (IEEE Region 2 Liaison)