Join IEEE today!
IEEE-USA is the part of IEEE that supports the career and public policy interests of IEEE's U.S. members. If you live in the United States, when you join IEEE, you are automatically a part of IEEE-USA.
Students pay $16 with code FUTURE50*
*To qualify for student membership, you must carry at least 50% of a full-time academic program as a registered undergraduate or graduate student in one of IEEE's designated fields of study.
What does IEEE-USA do for you?
Through our career products and services, IEEE-USA serves as a resource for enhancing the professional growth and career advancement of U.S. IEEE Members. Following are just some of the free and discounted resources available to help you build your career.
- Career and Professional E-Books and Audiobooks - IEEE-USA's catalog of more than 150 IEEE-USA ebooks and audio books on topics like careers, soft skills and public policy is available for free to U.S. members.
- Career and Professional Webinars (earn PDH credits)
- Benchmark your compensation with IEEE-USA's Salary Service & Salary Calculator (IEEE members receive a discounted rate.)
- Resources for Consultants, including: IEEE-USA Consultant Finder, Local Consultants Networks (AICN), Consultants Network, Online Community
- IEEE-USA Awards & Recognitions
- Local Professional Activities (PACE)
- Student Professional Activities (SPAx)
- IEEE-USA InSight - This online publication features articles on the issues that are shaping the career and public policy landscape.
- U.S. members receive the following newsletters:
- IEEE-USA InSight Email Update (monthly)
- IEEE-USA Conference Brief (quarterly)
- IEEE-USA Leadership Connection (monthly - YPs and Students only)
- Discounted registration to EVO - IEEE-USA's Premiere Leadership Conference and other professional development events
- Access to Networking Events/Rooftop Socials
Shaping Public Policy
IEEE-USA is the eyes, ears and voice of America's technology professionals in Washington, D.C., and the state capitals. Dedicated volunteers and experienced staff work directly with our nation's leaders to craft technically sound solutions to the challenges facing the country and technology professionals.
Our public policy priorities include:
- Artificial Intelligence: How can policy-makers help advance this emerging technology and ethically integrate AI systems into society?
- High-Skill Immigration: We fight to protect American and non-American workers in the United States to ensure a strong, prosperous high-tech workforce.
- Research: We promote basic and applied research at agencies including NASA, NIST and the NSF by fighting to protect their budgets and allow researchers to use research dollars more efficiently.
- Intellectual Property: As the leading voice for small and independent inventors, we fight for a patent system that is accessible to all innovative people.
Opportunities for members include:
- IEEE-USA Public Policy Committees - Committees develop and promote IEEE-USA's legislative agenda, as well as policy position statements, white papers, amicus curiae briefs, and other policy communications to support U.S. members' careers and to ensure national security and prosperity.
- IEEE-USA Government Fellowships - U.S. Congress, U.S. Department of State and USAID
- WISE Internships - Student members can spend a summer in Washington, D.C., learning how IEEE members can be involved in the policy process.
- IEEE-USA Smart Brief (free weekly subscription newsletter on technology policy. Subscribe now)
- SET Congressional Visits Day (CVD) - Annual two-day event culminating with face-to-face visits with legislators on Capitol Hill.