Keith A. Moore – 2023 President-Elect, IEEE-USA
Keith is senior engineer at the US Army Information Systems Engineering Command. His career has taken him around the world to establish and maintain communications systems. He has served in volunteer and other organizations to work for the good of all stakeholders. These experiences have involved organizations such as federal and state governments, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, churches, Civil Air Patrol, Scouts, Cyber Patriot, and others. He has served as a Big Brother, engineer, missionary, science fair judge, Future City mentor, coach, and firefighter/EMT. Keith holds a BSECE and an MBA. He obtained professional engineer status as granted by the Arizona State Board of Technical Registration and has served as an adjunct engineering professor.
IEEE ACTIVITIES (M’02-SM’06):
- 2021-2022 IEEE Member Geographic Activities (MGA) Liaison to the Standards Association
- 2019-2020 IEEE Board of Directors; 2019-2020 IEEE-USA Board
- 2019-2020 IEEE Member Geographic Activities (MGA) Board
- 2012-2013 IEEE-USA Professional Activities Committees for Engineers (PACE) Board Region 6 Representative
- 2010 Humanitarian Technology Challenge (HTC)
- 2019-2020 Region 6 Director
- 2010-2011 Region 6 Southwest Area Chair
- 2012-2013 Region 6 PACE Chair
- 2003, 2008 Fort Huachuca Section Chair
- 2002 Fort Huachuca Section Vice Chair
- 2001 Fort Huachuca Section Treasurer
- 2000 Fort Huachuca Section Secretary
- Fort Huachuca WIE Founding Chair
- 2012-2014 Arizona Reliability Society Chapter Chair
IEEE-HKN/HKN: Professional Member
- 2013 Chair, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC)
- 2012 Vice Chair, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC)
- 2011 Technical Program Chair, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC)
Conferences: Established the IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference’s (GHTC) technical program as the first Technical Program Chair and continued to lead the conference as Vice Chair and Chair.
Local Section: As local Section Chair, the Chair of a Region sponsored conference (GHTC), the Area Chair, the Region PACE Chair, Region Director, and member of the Board of Directors I have had close interaction, planning, and work with the local Sections, Regions and staff to complete successful tasks and initiatives for IEEE-USA. As IEEE-USA President, I will continue to work with the local, region, national, and international staff and members to advance IEEE and IEEE-USA goals in the U.S. and throughout the world to the betterment of IEEE, its members, and humanity.
Professional Activities: Introduced expedited PACE Project approvals and tracking for more efficient and expedient project funding.
- Founding Chair of the IEEE Arizona Reliability Society Chapter.
- Founding Chair of the Fort Huachuca Women in Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group.
- Managed and judged the Global Humanitarian Student competition.2022